Behavioral Email Marketing (BEM) refers to the process by which email marketers send automated, unique, customized and targeted emails to a particular customer present in your database by tracking his recent interactions and behavior with the company.
Behavioral Email Marketing involves creating a strategy by which a user’s interactions with your company can be identified and analyzed across various channels (i.e. the company’s website, emails, social media, etc.).
The interactions which are done by the user requires careful analysis. The pattern determines the content of the email which can help in gaining conversions.
Some of the important questions to keep in mind while analyzing user’s behavior are:
- After coming to your website/webpage, what caught the User’s attention?
- Where he clicked?
- If he did not download the asset or get to our landing page, where did he dropped off?
- Whether the user had submitted any forms or engaged in any live chat?
Behavioral email marketing concentrates on utilizing every interaction by the user with your website and analyzing the type of action your company can take. As a marketer, this will give you an edge over your competitors. Also, it helps you increase your conversion rate, click-through rate CTR and ROI through email marketing campaigns.
How to Get Behavioral Emails Right:
- Make sure that your email is offering something relevant and has something more to offer which is also relevant.
- Expect more and more from your emails to make it sound relevant over a period.
- Send “Thank You” email after someone engages with you
- Send weekly personalized emails to your subscribers to keep them engaged with your website.
- Reward users for their constant engagement with the website by giving them offers, deals etc.
Let’s look at the advantages of behavioral email marketing: It helps in
- Increasing user engagement
- Gaining high conversion rates
- Improving user experience
- Growing more loyal customers
- Getting a competitive advantage
- Increasing revenue
I think Behavioral emails are very alluring! It’s not only about salutation and the recipient’s name in an email. Dynamic content also attracts subscribers the most.